Tuesday 1 December 2015

Writing My New Historical Novel

fter my last novel, Monday's Child, which will be published in Spring, 2016, took me fourteen months to write I decided I need to write faster. I set myself the task of finishing a 75, word novel in 75 days or less, and to enter a young adult fiction competition as well as a short story competition. I've entered the competitions but fallen short of my target to finish Tuesday's Child yesterday. However, the good news is that I've written 65,000 words without stopping to edit, revise and check my research.

In order to reach my goals I stopped posting on social media. I've missed chatting, reading posts and posting messages but it's been worthwhile.

I know that many authors write a couple of thousand words or more a day but I don't have time to, so I'm pleased with my achievements.

Rosemary Morris
www.rosemaymorris.co.uk

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home